Ten Principles for Developing Successful Town Centers by Michael D. Beyard suggests that there are ten factors that need to be considered in order to achieve a sensational public meting space. These ten considerations are as follows:
- create an enduring and memorable public realm
- respect market realities
- share the risk, share the reward
- plan for development and financial complexity
- integrate multiple use
- balance flexibility with a long-term vision
- capture the benefits that density offers
- connect to the community
- invest for sustainability
- commit to intensive on-site management and programming
Beyard, Michael D. Ten Principles for Developing Successful Town Centers.
Designing for Designers: Lessons Learned from Schools of Architecture by Nasar, Preiser, and Fisher…
Nasar, Jack L., Wolfgang F. E. Preiser, and Thomas Fisher. Designing for Designers: Lessons Learned from Schools of Architecture.
The Skyscrapers and the City Design, Technology, and Innovation: Book 1 by Beedle, Ali, and Armstrong.
Beedle, Lynn S., Mir M. Ali, and Paul J. Armstrong. The Skyscraper and the City: Design, Technology, and Innovation.
Big & Green: Toward Sustainable Architecture in the 21st Century by David Gissen…
Gissen, David. Big & Green: toward Sustainable Architecture in the 21st Century.